Saturday, January 7, 2012

Crunchy, Hippie, Granola Kind of Mom

As I was driving today I started to think about how I live my life. I realized that I am what you might consider a hippie. Haha. I had never really thought about it before but it's true with a lot of stuff. And this is why...
- All about natural unmedicated birth, even home birth. (Hypnobabies is awesome!!!) Of course they should be assisted by a certified midwife, only if low risk. Medical interventions are great, when needed.
- I think exclusively breast feeding is very important, to wait 6 months before solids and child led weaning. If Bella is still nursing when I give birth then we will tandem nurse.
- Co-sleeping, it makes those first couple months so much easier.
- I enjoy baby wearing and think its great for mom or dad and baby to bond.
- Making baby food... Bella totally skipped this stage she only wanted solids but I did make a lot for her try.
- Organic when possible, especially hormone free milk and meat
- Cloth diapering. Now I am all about this, weird I know. Greg vetoed this idea but I think I might do it. It's great for baby (few if any rashes), cost effective and helps the environment. I think it's great if we can all do a little.
- Homeopathic remedies or other alternatives instead of traditional drugs.

Things that are a little different from some hippies...
- I am pro vaccine, but I may delay some depending on when and why.
- I am conservative, no liberal here!
- I'm not a vegetarian, we eat junk food and watch too much TV.

These are the main things that I agree with but I'm not all out "crunchy", at least I don't think. I just think its funny how much I have changed in the last few years. Knowledge is power!!!

No comments: