Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cloth Diapers

I finally decided to take the plunge and cloth diaper. I am actually really excited and I cannot wait to start. I received most of the items I ordered today which are 6 diapers with inserts. I have 2 styles of diapers so far, you would be shocked how many different styles of cloth diapers there are. I purchased 4 "all in 2s" or "AI2" with multiple inserts. This allows you to keep one shell till its soiled and change out the inserts for each change, super easy I'm thinking. Then I purchased 2 pocket diapers, I will stuff them with inserts but once I change her I will need to wash the entire diaper. I got these ones for night time, I will be as to get more absorbency in them I think.
I decided to go with cloth diapers for a couple reasons. First I figure since I will be diapering 2 kids at once I think cloth will be easier and a lot less expensive. Second, I have no idea where the economy is going and I don't want to depend on purchasing diapers every month. I look at it as preparing for the future and not relying on receiving goods from someone else. Third, it makes me feel sick putting all those diapers each week in the landfills and I like to do whatever I can to help the environment and provide a beautiful place for my future family to live.
Those are the main reasons I have decided to cloth diaper and I cannot wait to start. I have to prepare them and I am still waiting on the sprayer. It's a sprayer that attaches to the toilet so you can spray off all the poop. Ha, how awesome is that?!?! The only downside is Greg won't change any diapers now but hopefully once he sees how easy, economical and it's really not that bad he will help with the diapers. Wish me luck... I'll be sure to update once it actually begins.

No comments: